Tuesday, March 9, 2010

This week

I sent the contract back to Pseudopod, who bought audio rights to my story, Crawl. It's going to be wonderful when they post it. Hearing someone else read my work is frightening and exhilarating. You can go listen to some of their archived podcasts. I think my favorite is:
Lavie Tidhar--Bophuthatswana

Well, this past week has been chocked full of activity. Regular work takes up some time. I finished up reading Peter Straub's A Dark Matter and wrote a review (just waiting on Dark Recesses to see if they're going to publish it); I'm now reading Greg Gifune's The Bleeding Season (which I am enjoying, big time!)

This past week I worked on three old short stories, taking the little I've learned from a few mentors and trying to make the pieces the best they can be. This week I entered a story in Shock Totem's March Flash Fiction contest; I got some encouraging news from some very talented agents in regard to my YA novel! I'll wait for something to develop more before posting anything specific. I'm working on a story for Murky Depths short story contest, and it's totally different from my normal style. I don't know where this came from. Maybe I'm just trying to expand, harness new techniques?

Reading submissions for Horror Library Vol. 4 this week. Writing and normal, bouncy life have kept me from reading subs as much as I'd like to. In the next couple weeks I am going to post a blog on some of the things that I think hurt people who submit. Some of them should be obvious, others, maybe not so much.

And soon I'll have the interview questions back from R.J. Cavender, Editor of the Stoker-nominated Horror Library series. He's a real pleasure to work with. Boyd Harris too. I am looking forward to this! Cutting Block Press

As soon as the short stories are wrapped up, I can tackle the next book. It's itching for me to write it!

I hope everyone is well, and happy, and living.

*****

No comments: